8 November 2021 - 14:23,
by Kane Ray
, Comments off
On 8th November 2021, Counterpoint released its ninth report on the aero-engine and IGT component sector – Aero-engine and IGT components 2021.
Why buy this 580-page report?
Because at this time of continuing market uncertainty, we offer rigorous and insightful market analysis reflecting many years’ experience in the industry.
The supply chain has been under huge pressure as the aero-engine OEMs sharply reduced and are now preparing to ramp up production, at least for single aisle aircraft, while the aftermarket has seen unprecedented disruption.
Our new report also offers comprehensive market analysis including:
- Market growth projections and segmentation under three different Covid-19 recovery scenarios over the period 2020-2030
- How the market segments by:
- Aero-engine civil and military: OE and aftermarket
- Industrial gas turbine (IGT): OE and aftermarket
- The principal manufacturing processes e.g. casting, forging, machining etc.
- Component type e.g., engine modules, blisks, transmissions
- Market shares in the main manufacturing processes and selected product categories
- New engine programmes and forecast market shares
- Demand drivers for aero-engines, IGTs and aftermarket
- Market trends and its key characteristics
- The shape and tiers of the supply chain broken down by role and by principal process
- History and current trends in consolidation
- The extent to which engine OEMs are vertically integrating components seen as critical whilst outsourcing others
- The growing impact of Ceramic Matrix and Polymer Composites and Additive Manufacturing
- The importance of government-funded technology programmes
- Risk and revenue sharing partnerships
- Analysis of financial returns:
- The effect of the pandemic on different sectors
- Some companies have plunged into severe losses, while others have remained profitable, albeit with reduced margins
- Key strategies of suppliers, including:
- Vertical integration, investment in new capacity, new technologies, use of low cost countries, building a product-based business, and acquisition/JV.
- Identifying corporate moves over the last two years
The report provides profiles of 159 companies. Our expanded profiles cover;
Origins and ownership; Our estimate of engine component sales, plus financials if obtainable; operations and technologies; customers and contracts; strategy and recent developments; our comments including on strategic position.
Download the PDF Flyer